Vision & Mission
Central Florida Robotics®, the Polk State College FIRST® affiliate partner organization, was created to inspire this region’s young people to be leaders in science and technology by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering, and technology skills, inspire innovation, and foster well-rounded life skills including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
Central Florida Robotics, reaches and supports all of the FIRST programs in Florida in various capacities, but directly manages the FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. and FIRST® LEGO® League programs in the counties of Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia through a partnership with Polk State College. Central Florida Robotics also works with the FIRST VISTA program in Central Florida.
WHO WE ARE
By working with area businesses, schools, universities, and professional organizations, Central Florida Robotics is working toward the day when every student in our area has the opportunity to initiate their STEM education in a hands-on manner. Our goal is to increase the number of students eager to pursue post-secondary degrees and training in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, preparing them for a rewarding career with one of the many STEM-based businesses and industries in Central Florida, contributing fully to a robust regional workforce and economy. Central Florida Robotics is dedicated to helping area students build the skills they need to succeed. It’s about a culture that brings our community together in a multi-generational way—working side-by-side to make an impact on how our kids think and feel about themselves and who they choose to emulate and admire.
To inspire and prepare the students of Central Florida to enter the STEM workforce and change the world and to make the suite of FIRST programs available, accessible, and sustainable for the Central Florida Region.
We believe in providing the highest quality FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. and FIRST® LEGO® League experience and programming for the benefit of the Central Florida Region, in addition to supporting all of the efforts and initiatives of FIRST. We believe engaging the community is key to our success and we believe diversity and opportunity are keys to realizing our vision.
- Execute and Support Existing FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. and FIRST® LEGO® League Programs and Infrastructure
- Grow FIRST Program Participation and Engagement.
- Increase the Diversity of Participation in FIRST Programs
- Sustain Team Participation in FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. and FIRST® LEGO® League
- Develop and Expand Area Volunteers that support FIRST Programs in Central Florida
- Engage Supporters and Sponsors with high-level and direct involvement in the FIRST Programs
- Actively Manage Outreach and Special Initiatives that promote the FIRST Programs
- Support FIRST Initiates and Strategic Objectives both locally and globally