Vision & Mission
OUR PURPOSE Central Florida Robotics was created to inspire this region’s young people to be leaders in science and technology by engaging them in exciting mentor-based programs that build science, engineering, and technology skills, inspire innovation, and foster well-rounded life skills including self-confidence, communication, and leadership.
Central Florida Robotics reaches the counties of Brevard, Lake, Orange, Osceola, Polk, Seminole, Sumter, and Volusia.
WHO WE ARE By working with area businesses, schools, universities, and professional organizations, Central Florida Robotics is working toward the day when every student in our area has the opportunity to initiate their STEM education in a hands-on manner. Our goal is to increase the number of students eager to pursue post-secondary degrees and training in science, technology, engineering and mathematics, preparing them for a rewarding career with one of the many STEM-based businesses and industries in central Florida, contributing fully to a robust regional workforce and economy. Central Florida Robotics is dedicated to helping area students build the skills they need to succeed. It’s about a culture that brings our community together in a multi-generational way—working side-by-side to make an impact on how our kids think and feel about themselves and who they choose to emulate and admire.
OUR VISION To increase the number of Central Florida regional students prepared to enter STEM careers.
OUR MISSION To make the suite of FIRST programs available, accessible, and sustainable for the central Florida region.
OUR VALUES We believe in providing the highest quality FIRST LEGO League Jr. and FIRST LEGO League experience for the benefit of the Central Florida Region. We believe engaging the community is key to our success and we believe diversity and opportunity are keys to realizing our vision.
- Execute and Support Existing FIRST LEGO League Jr. and FIRST LEGO League Programs and Infrastructure
- Grow FIRST LEGO League Jr. and FIRST LEGO League Program Participation and Engagement
- Increase the Diversity of Participation in FIRST LEGO League Jr. and FIRST LEGO League Programs
- Sustain Team Participation in FIRST LEGO League Jr. and FIRST LEGO League
- Develop and Expand Area Volunteers that support FIRST Programs in Central Florida
- Engage Supporters and Sponsors with high-level and direct involvement in the FIRST Programs
- Actively Manage Outreach and Special Initiatives that promote the FIRST Programs
- Support FIRST Initiates and Strategic Objectives both locally and globally