Congratulations on earning a bid to the FIRST LEGO League Central Florida 2018 Regional Championship presented by Rockwell Collins! We are so excited to host your team at this championship-level event. This page is your ultimate resource when planning your visit to Winter Haven for the tournament on Sunday, February 18, 2018.
Click HERE to access the Coach Meeting Presentation
Miss an Email? Find those HERE.
Team Information Packet - HERE.
THE DEADLINE TO PAY, ORDER ANY ITEMS, REGISTER, AND COMPLETE ALL REQUIRED EVENT REQUIREMENTS IS: FEBRUARY 3, 2018.
SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIESSaturday Febuary 17, 2018 AND Monday, Febuary 19, 2018
Saturday, February 17, 2018
Sunday, February 18, 2018
ACTION ITEMS - THINGS TO BE DONE BY EACH TEAM
- Frequently review the Master Teams Checklist. If your team(s) have any box that says "NO" in the "Before the Event" section, then you have not completed all required steps for registration. You will not be allowed to check in or receive your schedules until you have zero boxes that say "NO." All items that are listed on the Masters Team Checklist and how to complete them can be found below:
- Pay Registration Fee: ($125) Please follow THIS GUIDE on how to complete registration for the Regional Championship. For assistance with registration, please contact Christy Canady at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- H&P Volunteer: Per our Help and Play Policy, you are required to provide 1 Full-Day Event Volunteer for the Championship. Your volunteer can follow this volunteer registration guide. Once the Volunteer has completed sign up, to specify their First and Last name and set the "Supplied Volunteer" box to "YES." Help and Play Volunteers should only apply for the "Help and Play Volunteer" role in the Volunteer Registration System and must indicate your team as an "associated team" during the application.
- Team Info Sheet: You will need to upload your Team Information Sheet via the special upload system here. This must be completed at least one week before the event. Click here to upload your Team Information Sheet. Access a Team Information Sheet template here if needed.
- Team Roster: You will need to upload your Team Roster with digitally signed Consent and Release Agreement Forms for all student participants. Click here to upload your roster. You can also upload paper C&R Forms if needed. You can find instructions on how to access/edit your roster here and blank C&R forms can be found here.
- Mentor Award: Your team must complete this Google Form. The Coach is not to fill out this form and should simply open it and ask the team to complete it. Coaches may need to help team members with the computer or understanding questions.
- If a hotel stay is needed, check out the group code information provided below for a discounted rate at hotels in Winter Haven near the tournament location. Hotel Reservation Deadline is February 3, 2018.
- Hilton Garden Inn Lakeland ($119/night) - Call (863)-647-0066 to book in "FIRST LEGO League" Block.
- Holiday Inn Winter Haven - ($119/night) SOLD OUT.
- Hampton Inn Winter Haven - ($119/night) SOLD OUT.
- LEGOLAND Hotel - ($229/night) SOLD OUT.
IMPORTANT EVENT INFORMATION
Lunch and T-Shirt Orders: Lunch and/or T-Shirt Orders are placed through the registration system. There is information on how to complete this process in the Registration System Guide. You do not need to place the orders for registration and Lunch/T-Shirts together. Information on how to place a separate Lunch/T-Shirt order can be found at the very bottom of the Registration System Guide.
Pre-Order Lunch Options:
- Hot Dog Meal - $5.00
- Includes a Hot Dog, chips, and water (add soda or Gatorade for 0.75 cents)
- Pizza Meal - $6.00
- Includes 2 slices of pizza, chips, and water (add soda or Gatorade for 0.75 cents)
- Chick-Fil-A Meal - $6.50
- Includes Chick-Fil-A Sandwich, chips, and water (add soda or Gatorade for 0.75 cents)
Tournament Shirts are available in adult and youth sizes. All shirts are $15.00. T-shirt Pre-Orders are closed - Leftover shirts will be available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Pre-Registration: At the Team Social, coaches will be able to finalize the registration process by turning in their team Consent and Release documentation. This can be with either the team roster from their FIRST dashboard or individual team member Consent and Release forms. A combination of the two is acceptable as well. All members listed on the Team Information Sheet must be accounted for through one or both of those methods. In return, coaches will receive their team's schedule for the day, their pit assignment, and team event materials.
Coaches' Meeting in Advance: This year we will be holding the Coaches' Meeting for the Event in advance through a Webinar. The Coaches' Meeting will be held on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 from 7:00PM to 8:30PM. More information about this will be communicated to you via email with the date/time and how to access the live webinar. At this meeting we will cover everything needed to prepare for the event. The Judge Advisor and Head Referee will be available during and after the meeting to answer any Robot Game or Judging questions.
Team Social: On Saturday, February 17, from 6:00 to 10:00 PM at the Winter Haven Public Library, the City of Winter Haven will be hosting a team social for the teams participating in the Central Florida FIRST LEGO League Regional Championship. This is a free event and will include:
- Activities TBA.
LEGOLAND Robot Day: LEGOLAND is hosting robot days on both Saturday, February 17 and Monday, February 19. Click here to access the discounted tickets.
Tickets for team members and their families and friends can be purchased at a discounted rate here. Please note that there are a variety of ticketing options available for you to evaluate. Also, you are limited to 20 tickets per transaction and the same credit card can not be used within seven days. These are LEGOLAND policies but you are welcome to complete more than one transaction and/or use a different credit card. The specially priced tickets to LEGOLAND for the weekend of the tournament can be found by clicking Limited Time Offer after following the link. Click here to access the discounted tickets.