What is FIRST® LEGO® League Jr?
FIRST® LEGO® League Jr. captures young children’s inherent curiosity and directs it toward discovering the wonders of science and technology. This program features a real-world scientific concept to be explored through research, teamwork, construction, and imagination. Guided by adult Coaches, teams use LEGO®bricks to build a model that moves and develop a Show-Me Poster to illustrate their journey.
Children ages 6 to 10 get to:
- Design and build a challenge-related model using LEGO components.
- Create a Show-Me poster and practice presentation skills.
- Explore challenges facing today’s scientists.
- Discover real-world math and science.
- Begin developing teamwork skills.
- Choose to participate in events and celebrations.
- Engage in team activities guided by FIRST LEGO League Jr. Core Values.